Motor Vehicle Accidents MVA must be handled the best way possible to avoid the unnecessary, find tips below to manage the situation if you ever find yourself in one. Find the Do’s and the Don’ts below:
- Do not voluntarily assume liability, take responsibility, or sign statements regarding fault.
- Do not pay, or promise to pay, for damages at the scene of the collision.
- Do not agree to forget about the collision.
- Do not accept money or discuss any settlement.
- Call 911
- Ensure safety
- Report to the police
- Exchange contact and insurance information
- Driver’s Licence number
- License Plate
- Notify your insurer and get advice
- Visit a health care practitioner for an assessment – At Calgary Family Clinic we will provide you with all the support you need:
- Do a detailed assessment
- Attend to your injuries as needed (Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Psychology & Acupuncture)
- Encourage you to file an injury accident report with the police.
- Complete an AB-1: Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form
- Connect you to a lawyer if needed
- Get you back to your normal self.
If you are ever in a Motor Vehicle Accident visit us @ Calgary Family Clinic we will support you all the way through the process.
Please note: This information is not a legal document and does not modify or replace your automobile insurance policy. For more information on your specific situation, contact your insurance agent, broker, or company representative.