If you have an injury or illness affecting your ability to carry out your daily task, your doctor might suggest physiotherapy. They are licensed professionals called Physiotherapists. They customize treatment to your specific needs teach you special exercises. Most times you can visit a physiotherapist directly and sometimes through a Doctor referral. They are rarely covered by Alberta Health Services, hence you need to check if your insurance policy for coverage and limits. This we can help you with at Calgary Family Clinic.
Physiotherapist will never take the place of your Doctor, hence if you have a serious illness or injury, expect them to work with your Doctor to help you get back to your normal self.
Physiotherapy relieves pain and improve your body function, movement and live better.
It is beneficial for the following and more:
- Pain relieve
- Better movement or ability
- Sports injury rehabilitation and recovery
- Disability or surgery prevention
- Stroke, accident, injury, or surgery rehabilitation
- Improve balance to prevent a slip or fall
- Chronic illness like diabetes, heart disease, or arthritis management
- Recovery following child birth
- Bowel or bladder control
- Adjusting to an artificial limb, a walker or cane
- Use a splint or brace
- It caters for people of all ages.
See Other Related Post : What is manual physiotherapy, How to attain,maintain and sustain a productive mood, How massages helps to strengthen the immune system.
For more information on What a Physiotherapist and what they do? Visit our source @