The following six (6) steps includes ways to improving posture by sitting aright. Contact Us for Physiotherapy today.
- Seat first – While sitting, legs should be level or slightly lower than the seat. Both feet flat on the floor. Spine in line with the back of the chair, chair slightly tilted back, at about 110-degree angle.
- Assess Monitor – center computer monitor in front of you, an arm’s length away. Top of monitor 2 to 3 inches above eye level.
- Right height to type – Keyboard slightly below the elbows.
4. Minimal Laptop Use – If laptop is used often, put it on a desk and type on a separate keyboard and mouse. Minimize use to less than half an hour at a time
5. Avoid Typing on Phone – Work on long messages when you can sit down at a computer with a straight spine.
6. Time out – Every 10 minutes, take a 20-second break from typing, then stand and stretch. Every 20 minutes, irrespective of earlier breaks, stand and spend 2 minutes away from the computer.